WARREN L. DIETZ, JR., P.E.
Mr. Dietz graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. His expertise as a project manager and engineer was developed over his nearly 20 year career with various engineering firms. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Louisiana.
Mr. Dietz has “hands on” experience in the design and construction management of residential buildings and most general civil projects. The design experience varies from conceptual and planning, to final plans and specifications. Project types have included roadways, water systems, and foundations for residential and commercial buildings. Clients have included state and federal agencies, small and large municipalities, private companies, developers, and individuals. Mr. Dietz has been involved with and associated with most aspects of residential construction, including foundation design, structural plan review, structure and foundation damage inspection related to storms and soil issues.
Representative engagements include:
- Investigated wind and hail damage to residential and commercial roofs.
- Investigated wind and storm surge damage to residential and commercial structures from hurricanes.
- Investigated differential foundation movement.
- Performed moisture source determinations.
- Performed structural condition assessments for structures damaged by automobile impacts, tree impacts, tornados, and vibrations from construction operations.
- Performed causation analysis for collapses of residential structures from overloading and faulty design
- Performed causation analysis for roof collapses from overloading and faulty design.
- Performed structural condition analysis for damages to in-ground swimming pools.
- Performed slip and fall and trip and fall investigations
JAMES W. HAILEY III
James W. Hailey III is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice. He is a fifth generation New Orleanian. For over the past two decades Mr. Hailey has assisted his insurance and corporate clients in detecting, deterring and defeating fraud in construction, premises, transportation and general litigation matters, including coverage.
Mr. Hailey has made numerous presentations to clients’ special investigation units (SIU) and to industry personnel, including the Insurance Services Offices (ISO), National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) and International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) Chapters nationwide. He is very active in local claims organizations serving as president (2013 and 2014, 2016-2018) of the New Orleans Claims Association (NOCA), Board member of the Southeast Louisiana Chapter of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), past president of the Blue Goose claims organization, founding Secretary and presently Board Events Coordinator (2013 and 2014, 2016-2018) of the Louisiana Chapter of the Claims and Litigation Management organization (CLM), Louisiana Claims Association, and many others. He has been honored as a “Top Lawyer” by New Orleans magazine.
He is an avid sports fan and enjoys time on the Gulf Coast.